Nowadays there is a trend among Russian developers to engage foreign architects in Concept design. The reasons for that can be different: to attract new experience and ideas, to improve project image on the market and to make a brand out of it.
However, no matter what kind of famous foreign engineers starred in the concept elaboration, the result of works of foreign architects shall be adjusted to the Russian reality and local design norms.
We are local designers and share our knowledge of local environment with foreign architects. We know all the local design peculiarities, unique features of the object location and its surrounding, social and economic factors of the city, in which the object is to be constructed, cultural and historic background, we provide to the architects a versatile image of the project and help to deliver to the Client excellent engineering design.
We have a vast experience in participation in the international projects and can claim that the most successful projects were those in which local engineers were involved at the earliest design stages.
In these cases much less mistakes were made, design process took much less time, the number of project revisions was also minimized.
If project adaptation of architectural solutions presupposes correction of solutions in compliance with insulation requirements and fire-fighting RF norms, then MEP solutions can have considerable differences due to specific calculations, climatology, geology etc.
During project adaptation, our main aim was not just compliance with the local design norms, but maximum retention of the author’s architectural idea.
As for the particular complex of works, which we are able to perform in the framework of projects adaptation, they include the following:
- Correction of architectural layouts according to RF norms, SanPins, requirements of fire risks calculations, daylight factors etc;
- Structural design, design of MEP networks according to the normative base of RF;
- Independent structural calculation model;
- Analysis of structural solutions using foreign normative documents (EUROCODE, BS, DIN, ANSI);
- Analysis of MEP solutions using foreign normative documents (BS EN, CIBSE, BSRIA, TIA, NFPA, ASHRAE);
- Approval of the proposed brands of equipment, certificates in RF, proposal of alternative solutions;
- Approval of dimensions of technical premises, shafts;
- Approval of MEP solutions taking into account interior design;
- Location of equipment taking into account architectural requirements;
- Workshops with foreign designers on the territory of RF as well as abroad;
- Weekly workshops with the use of professional software for conferences (Skype for business, Citrix).