Clancy Engineering provided Structural Engineering and MEP engineering design services for a new shopping centre project in Vladivostok.
There was an «existing» partly completed shopping and office complex on site. The building was modernized, renovated and the extension with retail space and parking was constructed.
The existing building was 31000 m2. According to the project new atriums, skylights and vertical communications were added and integrated into the designed extension. The «new built» part includes the shopping and entertainment extension of 62 000 m2 with two-level underground parking. An additional underroof parking for 1000 car spots and the building of 38 000 m2 were constructed.
The main peculiarity of the project:
- Inclusion of the existing structures of the building;
- Allocation of new technical premises on the roof (ventilation chamber, cooling centre);
- Usage of the existing and construction of new shafts for MEP networks.
The scope of Clancy Engineering works:
- Technical assessment and analysis of the project documentation of the old architectural concept.
- Analysis of the new architectural concept.
- Analysis of locations and sufficiency of gas, heat, electricity, water supply sources and water disposal units. Connection points.
- Elaboration of building MEP networks concept including the cooling centre concept.
- Water-cooled chillers and cooling towers were used. Total cooling capacity of the cooling centre — 6,4 MW. Municipal heating networks are used as a heat supply source; total capacity — 7,6 MW.
Clancy Engineering - Designing the Future!
MARI Mall / Moscow
Castorama Shopping Center Extension / Lyubertsy
Fifth Avenue Mall Reconstruction / Moscow