Redesign of shopping complex in Moscow with an area of 200 000 m2 to raise its commercial value.
In 2015 our company was appointed to elaborate structural, MEP and civil engineering solutions for redesign of the operating shopping centre in order to raise its profitability.
Complex redesign included the following principal areas: food court, pedestrian galleries, atriums, entrance groups.
The scope of works in terms of redesign of shopping complex of our design team included the following:
- Analysis of the architectural concept and design solutions on its implementation taking into account the existing structures, MEP networks of the whole complex;
- All the necessary investigations — investigations of MEP networks and load-bearing structures, geological investigations;
- Organization of works of subcontractors at the object during the operation of the shopping complex (at night);
- Elaboration of design, tender and working documentation.
- The process of documentation approval in the Expertise and city administration.
The project required continuous operation of the complex during all the investigations. Our company performed coordination of works of subcontractors, controlled the scope of investigations, performed the analysis of the results of works.
The principal scope of works on the structures included installation of new staircases, new lifts and escalators, check-up of the load-bearing capacity of the roof elements, modification of the roof shape of the ground floor, construction of a 2-storey pavilion.
Design works were carried out with full coordination of works on various engineering sections taking into account execution of works of the project of the Upgrade, as well as coordination with other projects of the shopping complex.
The key feature of the executed works is installation of the new structures in close connection with the existing structures, taking into account shopping complex standards and optimization of solutions with regard to their implementation in the existing building.
Our MEP team provided investigation of MEP services, design of all MEP networks in the zones for upgrade in compliance with the current norms in Russia, as well as high requirements of the Client.
The upgrade involved fire-fighting systems, communication systems, water supply and sewage systems according to the new architectural concept.
The major design challenge was the necessity of
full integration of the new elements of the systems in the existing systems of the complex, with minimum time and financial expenses for the Client.